This blog by Charles Jenkins is intended to explore and debate how the EU should adapt to meet the challenges of the next generation while holding to the key principles and values imparted by its founders. I was lead commentator at Insighteu.com from Feb 2012 to Feb 2018 and Europe Editor/Director Western Europe at the Economist Intelligence Unit from 1975 to 2012, responsible for regular reports and forecasts for individual EU countries and the EU as a whole.
- Spanish election result provides much needed boost for Socialists across EU, 30 Apr 2019
- Is the Backstop the real reason for UK gridlock? What are the options?, 25 Jan 2019
- EU should not set itself up as scapegoat by fining Italy, 05 Dec 2018
- The Link between the EU’s Budget and its Values, 22 Oct 2018
- EU needs to make radical reforms to its budget, 12 Aug 2018
- Hello world!, 02 Aug 2018